Upah's Gaming Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Upahs_Keywork
Elge
6 posters

Low key RPGs worth checking out

flan
    flan
    Principalities
    Principalities

Male Post Count : 57
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Low key RPGs worth checking out - Page 2 Empty Re: Low key RPGs worth checking out

Post by flan Mon May 11, 2009 2:45 pm

playing Persona 3 FES atm doggy

Addicting as fuck.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Low key RPGs worth checking out - Page 2 Empty Re: Low key RPGs worth checking out

Post by Elge Fri May 15, 2009 2:26 pm

flan wrote:playing Persona 3 FES atm doggy

Addicting as fuck.

Goddamn right it is.
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Female Post Count : 1697
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by Upahs_Keywork Fri May 15, 2009 3:15 pm

I must say I love watching too. T_T

I can not wait till he gets Koromaru.
    So damn cute.
    The lion Shadows are my favorites. xD
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Fri May 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Upahs_Keywork wrote:I must say I love watching too. T_T

I can not wait till he gets Koromaru.
    So damn cute.
    The lion Shadows are my favorites. xD

What part is he up to?

Also, Koromaru is fucking awesome. He's got great speed so enemies frequently miss when attacking him.
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Post by Upahs_Keywork Fri May 15, 2009 5:11 pm

I read he sometimes causes instant death with attacks. Is that right?
    Just finished Summer Break.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Sat May 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Upahs_Keywork wrote:I read he sometimes causes instant death with attacks. Is that right?
    Just finished Summer Break.

Nice. Summer break was great. I love the beach scenes.

You guys need to check out Persona 4 when you're finished up with that. It's every bit as awesome as P3 is with a greatly-improved battle system, and an equally-awesome story.

Plus, this guy:
    Low key RPGs worth checking out - Page 2 News1_5
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Post by Upahs_Keywork Sat May 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Lmfao. He's weird looking. I find the leveling up kinda boring though. =/ The levels all look the same. T_T
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Sat May 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Upahs_Keywork wrote:Lmfao. He's weird looking. I find the leveling up kinda boring though. =/ The levels all look the same. T_T

It's a dungeon crawl in every sense of the word. So yeah, it can get boring. But the combat and the abilities more than make up for everything else. And the sheer amount of customization you can do via Persona fusion is amazing.

In Persona 4, there's still a good amount of dungeon crawling, but instead of having to go through one giant 200+ floor tower, you go through seven or eight 12-15 floor mini dungeons, all in separate locations.
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Post by Upahs_Keywork Sun May 17, 2009 11:34 am

That's better. It's kind of aggravating going to the same tower every night.
    Even though I'm not even the one playing it.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Sun May 17, 2009 3:25 pm

I actually didn't mind it that much. The basic architecture of the tower stays the same, but it does change appearance every so often when you reach new blocks. But obviously the exploration is not the major focus of the game - the Social Links are.
    flan
    flan
    Principalities
    Principalities

Post by flan Tue May 19, 2009 1:29 pm

It's October 6th and I'm -slightly- pissed off right now (with good reason.)

...But what a great fucking scene.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Tue May 19, 2009 1:36 pm

flan wrote:It's October 6th and I'm -slightly- pissed off right now (with good reason.)

...But what a great fucking scene.

That's right after the scene with Ken and Shinjiro, right?

Man, I cried manly tears. Truth.
    flan
    flan
    Principalities
    Principalities

Post by flan Tue May 19, 2009 5:41 pm

I was about to. Obviously I had to think about my image, which is obviously way more important, yo.

But seriously I cried like a bitch inside. Even though I'm extremely intimidating mentally/physically/sexually.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Tue May 19, 2009 5:49 pm

flan wrote:I was about to. Obviously I had to think about my image, which is obviously way more important, yo.

But seriously I cried like a bitch inside. Even though I'm extremely intimidating mentally/physically/sexually.

If that scene made you sad, then Persona 4 - if you play it - will make you weep like a little bitch. Oh god just thinking about it makes me want to run to the nearest corner and crawl into a fetal position, sobbing.
    flan
    flan
    Principalities
    Principalities

Post by flan Tue May 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah I'll probably end up getting it. When I bought Persona 3 I knew nothing about it; only reason it caught my interest is because it was on a clearance rack at Gamestop for $14.99. Glad _someone_ was there to tell me, "Elge said that game is really good."

"Who?"

"That guy from the forum."

"Oh."

Or I probably would have put it back down.

Might be the best $14.99 I've ever spent, unless I've spent $14.99 on meat snacks at some point in my life. But either way it's definitely top 2.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Tue May 19, 2009 8:02 pm

flan wrote:Yeah I'll probably end up getting it. When I bought Persona 3 I knew nothing about it; only reason it caught my interest is because it was on a clearance rack at Gamestop for $14.99. Glad _someone_ was there to tell me, "Elge said that game is really good."

"Who?"

"That guy from the forum."

"Oh."

Or I probably would have put it back down.

Might be the best $14.99 I've ever spent, unless I've spent $14.99 on meat snacks at some point in my life. But either way it's definitely top 2.

Lmao, yeah. It's a shame Atlus games aren't as popular as Square's games. Most of the time, they're so much better than what SquareEnix puts out.

You should take a look at the Digital Devil Saga games for the PS2, also by Atlus (there's only 2 of them). They're another pair of fantastic RPGs.
    flan
    flan
    Principalities
    Principalities

Post by flan Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Mmm. Maybe I'll check them out eventually. I was planning on giving Grandia (PSX) another run, if I don't opt for Persona 4 first.

It's one of the [many] games I have sitting around that I've completely forgotten about somehow. Shame.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 pm