Upah's Gaming Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Help me decide!

snuggans
    snuggans
    Virtues
    Virtues

Male Post Count : 215
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Help me decide! Empty Help me decide!

Post by snuggans Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:02 pm

What you need to know:
    I'm writing a pseudo-novel based in the 18th century (AGE OF SAIL), it's about two people who live in England: Aurora and her husband Luc (Major in the British army). Luc goes away for the Seven Years War and sends letters back to her describing what happens to him.

now i need to choose a title!

tell me which one you like the most and why
    also suggest your own!

- The Wind Carried Your Words
    - Words Amidst the Wind
    - Across An Ocean
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Registration date : 2009-01-31

Help me decide! Empty Re: Help me decide!

Post by Elge Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Stop worrying about titles so soon. A good title will come when the story develops. Use whatever you want in the meantime, but titles generally change 2-3 times before a story is finished.
    snuggans
    snuggans
    Virtues
    Virtues

Post by snuggans Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Elge wrote:Stop worrying about titles so soon. A good title will come when the story develops. Use whatever you want in the meantime, but titles generally change 2-3 times before a story is finished.

the title will have to be exposed before it is finished, as it's a pseudo-novel and not actually a novel. i will be posting it on a forum on a bi-monthly progress, not finishing it all and releasing it whole. the release date is coming soon, so i might as well start deciding.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by Elge Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 pm

snuggans wrote:the title will have to be exposed before it is finished, as it's a pseudo-novel and not actually a novel. i will be posting it on a forum on a bi-monthly progress, not finishing it all and releasing it whole. the release date is coming soon, so i might as well start deciding.

No one is going to hunt you down if you just use any title now and put a little disclaimer next to it (Working Title).

That said, "When Day and Dream Unite."

It's a lyric from one of my favorite songs and I've always wanted to find a use for it somewhere.
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Female Post Count : 1697
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by Upahs_Keywork Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:08 am

I really like the second one the most. [If I had to decide.] It sounds really romantic, yet terribly sad.
    honey-ass
    honey-ass
    Thrones
    Thrones

Female Post Count : 1417
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post by honey-ass Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:11 am

XXXBurningStarIV wrote:I really like the second one the most. [If I had to decide.] It sounds really romantic, yet terribly sad.

Agreed. My first choice was the 3rd one but now the second title seems the best.
    snuggans
    snuggans
    Virtues
    Virtues

Post by snuggans Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:04 pm

hmm, judging from the replies here and on AIM/MSN i think i will go with Words Amidst the Wind.
    Dead_Inside
    Dead_Inside
    Dominations
    Dominations

Male Post Count : 520
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post by Dead_Inside Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:29 am

Elge wrote:Stop worrying about titles so soon. A good title will come when the story develops. Use whatever you want in the meantime, but titles generally change 2-3 times before a story is finished.
    Actually ive never changed the title of any of my writing. Ive finished so many short stories. I always knew what they were about when i wrote them so I always had a title.
    Such as my short story "Ghost"
    I had a dream about it and decided to write it. I meet a girl, wierd things happen. She tells me to meet her, I go to meet her. A guy dressed as a executioner wielding a giant battle axe chasses after me. She is saying "Im sorry" over and over again in the background. I run into the house screaming for my life with him chasing me. Then when im in the house and trapped she comes in shoots him, he dissapears saying the executioner is a ghost. Then she says she has to go and turns into dust. The end.

Anyways

I think a good title would be :Words Amidst the Wind.
    As you said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:42 am