Upah's Gaming Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

TV Shows You Need To Watch

Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Registration date : 2009-01-31

TV Shows You Need To Watch Empty TV Shows You Need To Watch

Post by Elge Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:18 pm

I would've just copypasta'ed the thread from the old forum, but SOMEONE deleted everything. ;-;

1. Twin Peaks: The story begins with the murder of Laura Palmer, a teen aged girl who lived in the quiet town of Twin Peaks, near the US - Canadian borders. Everyone seems surprised and devastated by the girl's murder, and the town's sherif welcomes the help of FBI agent Dale Cooper, who comes to investigate the case. As Cooper begins his search for Laura's killer, the town's secrets are gradually exposed. This is definitely not an average quiet town, it seems as everyone has something big to hide. At nights, agent Cooper sees strange visions of Laura and other mysterious people, visions that tell him that something big is happening here, something far more evil than a single murder case...
    TV Shows You Need To Watch Twin-peaks

2. The 4400: These are the stories of 4400 abductees after they are returned to Earth. People dealing with traumatic changes, driven by the mystery of what happened and why. Some of them have been affected in mysterious ways, and some will have certain abilities, both good and bad. The pilot has a ball of light sailing towards Earth. But rather than the expected catastrophic event, thousands of returned abductees are left with no memory of their otherworldly experiences. Each has been gone anywhere from a few months to several decades but hasn't aged a day.
    TV Shows You Need To Watch Dvd-the4400season1

3. Firefly: In the distant future, Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds is a renegade former brown-coat Sargent now turned smuggler/rogue who is the commander of a small spacecraft with a loyal hand-picked crew made up of first mate Zoe Warren; pilot Hoban 'Wash' Washburn; gung-ho grunt Jayne Cobb; engineer Kaylee Frye; fugitives Doctor Simon Tam and his psychic sister River, where they travel the far reaches of space in search of food, money, and anything to live off on.
    TV Shows You Need To Watch Firefly-serenity-costumes

4. Lost: After a somewhat mysterious sequence of events, an oceanic flight from Sydney to LA crashes on what appears to be a deserted island. The chance of being found and rescued is fairly small, so the survivors have to cope with a set of challenges. They have to learn to survive on the island, a mysterious place with enough dangers on its own. Also, they have to learn to live with each other if any success is to be expected. And finally, they have to live with themselves and their pasts. Interwoven with the events on the islands are flashbacks to the pasts of 14 main characters. Step by step, we learn a little more about their diverse and unexpected pasts as the group's quest to survive takes shape.
    TV Shows You Need To Watch Lost

The first three (Twin Peaks, The 4400, and Firefly) are no longer on television, and the fourth, Lost, is currently running its fifth season. Twin Peaks and Firefly can be viewed - in full 480p HD, and for free - streaming from the website hulu.com.
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Female Post Count : 1697
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

TV Shows You Need To Watch Empty Re: TV Shows You Need To Watch

Post by Upahs_Keywork Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:34 pm

You REALLY love these shows, huh Mike? xD
    When are they even on?
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:32 pm

XXXBurningStarIV wrote:You REALLY love these shows, huh Mike? xD
    When are they even on?

Well the only one that's still on TV is Lost, and it's on Wednesdays at 9. Of course it's in the fifth season, and jumping into the show right at this point is a total mindfuck. The other three are canceled shows, and like I said, "Twin Peaks" and "Firefly" are both available to watch in their entirety on hulu.com for free. They have all 30 episodes of Twin Peaks and all 14 episodes of Firefly.

And, to answer your question, yes. I love them. Very Happy They kick the shit out of most garbage that's on TV right now (Desperate Housewives? Are you fucking kidding me? Stupid America. Stupid).
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Post by Upahs_Keywork Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:47 am

Agreed. I do like some shows... But most of the time my TV is only on to keep me sane at night.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:57 pm

Lost and House are pretty much the only two shows on TV right now that I generally have to watch every week. There's a new one coming pretty soon on Fox called "Dollhouse," which has an interesting premise.

The creator, Joss Whedon, is known for Buffy and Angel, but he also made Firefly - which I've mentioned above. So I'm excited for this new show.
    Upahs_Keywork
    Upahs_Keywork
    Seraphim
    Seraphim

Post by Upahs_Keywork Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:00 pm

I don't have a show I'm excited about. =/
    I wish I did though.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:18 pm

XXXBurningStarIV wrote:I don't have a show I'm excited about. =/
    I wish I did though.

1. Dollhouse
    2. Castle
    3. Fringe
    4. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Just to name a few recently-released or upcoming TV shows that have potential.
    Nerojin
    Nerojin
    Archangels
    Archangels

Male Post Count : 32
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by Nerojin Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Heroes is good also. However, I have only seen the first two season. I fell behind and now am waiting for the DVD's to come out to catch up.
    Elge
    Elge
    Dominations
    Dominations

Post by Elge Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Nerojin wrote:Heroes is good also. However, I have only seen the first two season. I fell behind and now am waiting for the DVD's to come out to catch up.

I never did get into Heroes, but from reading fan reactions to the third season, apparently...it's not so good. The major consensus is that the first two are the only seasons worth watching.

Apparently the writers are going to "reboot" the series with the fourth season; but usually a series reboot never goes according to plan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:21 am